Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Day Before the First

SO, today is the day!  I can’t believe it but it is finally here.  Today is day one of a 3-month intensive in self-healing and self-empowerment.  I am here to do the work and gain the tools and knowledge in order to pass on the lessons to as many people as I can.  I am excited, but determined to venture there with an empty cup.  I have no idea where this journey will take me, but I am here and I am present.  I am ready to take the steps and go with the flow.  We are always growing, changing, evolving, but I know I will still be me when I come out the other side.  Stayed tuned because there is going to be some pretty amazing stuff to pass on, or at least some great stories.

This morning when Anna asked me how I was feeling and I answered after a deep breath– Ready.  And the truth is I am ready to walk the path of the peaceful warrior.  I was feeling a few pangs of anxiousness over the last few days of our 30-hour trip thinking, “WHAT have I gotten myself into?  Am I really for this?  Is this really what I want?”  But now that I am here I feel like it is something that I need to experience. 

It is almost time for Anna’s journey to come to a close.  We are leaving for the airport in 10 or so minutes where I will drop her off and then venture out to the centre.  I can’t believe that we made it all the way without killing each other, but we did!  It was one heck of a long drive!  It is amazing to me actually how big and diverse our country is.  The scenery we pass was as different as our conversations!    It was amazing to experience, one that I am glad I got a chance to share with m cousin even though it was so incredibly long. 

I will be glad to have my parents with me on the drive home, because I am going to make them drive while I sit co-pilot and take in the scenery!  I ended up driving the whole way!  I found that the first day was easy for me, especially now that I have done so many long hour car trips.  The second day was more of a challenge, however.   After the second straight day of 12 driving for 12 hours I was exhausted!  I could barely keep my eyes open when we got to the hotel.  Day three was not so bad.  Probably because I knew that we only had 6 hours left!  The drive through Michagin is very nice.  Lots of trees and greenery to make you feel grateful – the 110 speed limit and double lane highway was not to shabby as well!

We managed to make it to London virtually unscathed.  I only got pulled over once by the cops for doing 113km – he gave me a warning, but since I didn’t have my driver’s license (lost it somewhere) I got a ticket for that (shoot!).  Anna got us stopped at the border for bringing tobacco and Alcohol into the country.  Appearntly that’s a no go when your only out of the country for 3 hours!  Guess we should have looked into that!  Everything turned out fine.  Anna just had to pay the tax.  Could have been a lot worse.

 The highlights of the trip would have to be: stopping in Konora (so beautiful), driving through Northern Ontario (esp Lake of the Woods), building an innukshuk on the side of the Trans Canada, seeing the Terry Fox memorial sight, as well as, the birth place of Winnie-the-pooh AND FINALLY getting to the hotel in London.  II almost cried I was so happy!  Last night, our final night together, we kicked back at a local mexicano cantena for guacamole (I still make better, but I am not biased what so ever!) and lime margarettas!  We wrapped up the evening with a walk and a relaxing evening spent in the hotel room watching a movie.  All-in-all a great trip!

More to come,

Peace, Love and Laughter Y’all

No comments:

Post a Comment