Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I arrived at the centre in the late morning.  Everyone was there to greet me and help me get settled into my new living space, which happens to be a big red tent!  It definitely is cozy and roughing it.  Good thing I am open minded!  I will be grateful to have a place of my own that I can retreat to – even if it is a tent.  My little community is behind the vegitable garden, and beside the pear trees.  We share an outdoor shower, an open wash area and port-a-poties (could be interesting).  There is a spring fed pond to swim in, as well as, many beautiful sitting areas and trees to sit under.  There is an indoor common space where we can “plug in”, watch movies, and hangout called the Hive! 

My first impression of the centre feels like being at a non-scary, laid back, country ashram!  The people here seem to be very nice.  I look forward to getting to know them better!  I have met one of my teachers, Shantre.  He seems totally different then I first thought.  Way less intimidating and very welcoming. 

Time will only tell!

Peace, Love and Laughter y’all

No comments:

Post a Comment