Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Final Count Down!

My bags are almost packed and I am ready to go!  I can’t believe how fast the time has flown by, but it is just about time to head out east for my 3-month granola-head apprenticeship.  I am ready to hit the open road for another momentous adventure.  I decided to drive out to London, Ontario and it is going to take about 30 hours to get to get there!  YIKES!  My cousin Anna is coming along for the ride and I am very grateful to have her company as we rack up the mile, jam out to the iPod and take in the beautiful countryside.

I am starting to get really excited.  I am still not quite sure how to put into words exactly what I have gotten myself into for the summer, however it will unfold as it happens.  It is something that I am just going to have to experience in order to truly express!  I have really enjoyed the preliminary study material and am looking forward to putting all the practical knowledge into action.  It excites me to know all the good I will be able to do, as well as, all the people I will be able to help live happier, healthier lives.

 One of the biggest things that came to me is that life is not about being perfect.  It is about showing up, being present and LIVING.  Being happy everyday no matter your size, shape, or condition.  We are constantly being bombarded with the “should be’s” of life, and it is very easy to get caught up in it all.  We live in stressful times, and have roles, duties and responsibilities that drain our internal batteries.  Instead of getting caught up in the have to’s of life, focus on living a life full of get to’s.  Everyday there is something to be grateful for beyond the fact that you have yet another day to Live, to laugh, to LOVE.  Whatever, whoever it is that recharge your batteries celebrate that and be grateful for it.  It takes courage to live through your heart, but it is well worth stepping out on the edge.

Of the many things that I am grateful for, being given this amazing opportunity is high on the list.  It shall be a truly amazing journey and I look forward to sharing it!

Peace, love and Laughter y’all! 

J’aime

No comments:

Post a Comment